Thursday 30 July 2015

NIGHT SITTING AT THE HERMITAGE after KRIS HEMENSLEY/ for KRIS HEMENSLEY

What is trapped in the streetlight
is a solitary figure
yet he sits with all beings
in the ten directions
there are no sudden moves
or gesticulations
other than the occasional 
twirling of a flower.

In the hermitage
we sit by day
and by night
we are aware of our breaths
but we do not count them.

Today i
went to the beach
in case there were fishermen
i did not have a lady beside me
but i had my bicycle to lean on.

Tonight i
sit quietly
there is a full moon
and a sky full of stars
i long for my bed
to sleep and to give
my dreams free reign.

i light my lantern
as they do in Antibes
and climb the stairs...
*
bernard hemensley @ Goldy Hermitage
2 a.m. 31st. july 2015
*********************



No comments:

Post a Comment